The Melbourne Cup is Australia’s most famous annual Thoroughbred horse race. It is a 3200-metre race for three-year-olds and over, conducted by the Victoria Racing Club on the Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne, Victoria as part of the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival.
What race is the biggest in horse racing?
Five Biggest Horse Races In The World
- Kentucky Derby. Kentucky Derby is not the most valuable racing event in the world but it certainly is one of the most popular. …
- The Breeders’ Cup. …
- Prix de I’Arc de Triomphe. …
- Melbourne Cup. …
- Dubai World Cup.
Which state has the most horse races?
According to the American Horse Council, Texas and California clearly lead the way by total number of horses (all breeds) with 678,000 and 642,000, respectively. Florida is third with 299,000, followed by Oklahoma, Illinois, Ohio, and Colorado. Kentucky is eighth with 150,000, according to the Horse Council.
What big horse races are coming up?
- April 30–May 1st, 2021. The Kentucky Derby. Churchill Downs, Louisville, KY.
- May 15th, 2021. Preakness Stakes. Pimlico Race Course, Baltimore, MD.
- June 5th, 2021. Belmont Stakes. Belmont Park, Elmont, NY.
- November 5th–6th, 2021. Breeders Cup. Santa Anita Park, Arcadia, CA.